Tuesday, April 18, 2017

WHEN SOMEONE LEAVES ....

Firstly, I had written a post to let everyone know that I was going to be offline during Lent. However, it "failed to launch", and who knows what you all have been thinking. Is she gone for good? NEVER! Not until God calls me to another place. So, I apologize for not double-checking to be sure that this message was conveyed to you.

My Uncle passed away into heaven this past Thursday. He was my mother's last living relative. He lived in Tennessee and it was just too far for her to travel. My husband and I went to attend the funeral. I went for me, to represent our family, and to give support to his children and grandchildren and friends.

I know it is a cliche, but I did not recognize the man in the casket at all. He didn't look like my uncle. I couldn't find one feature that looked like my uncle. He was dressed in his military uniform and the American flag was draped half-way on top of the casket. His military headdress and his medals were prominently displayed. And the newest favorite of families, a video slide show of his life played on a large screen. But he looked hollow when I looked at his closed eyes. I touched his cold, waxy hands and prayed. He had been in such pain for years and I was happy for hm. 89 years of a good life of a man who loved Jesus. And his soul was gone to heaven to be with Jesus. 

The soul is alive! It is who we are. It is our blueprint and holds all of the information about our entire lives, everything we did, everyone whom we knew, and everyone whom we loved. The soul may leave, but it will never die. If you have given yourself fully to Jesus, the horrid and barbaric death he endured secured your place in one of the many rooms that has been built in the Father's house just for you! 

I am sad when someone leaves, but then I think of the fact that they are in paradise with Jesus, with all their loved ones who have gone before them, and are with our God, I find much peace and happiness for them. For they have lived the life that God gave them and now left the worries and pain in this world for a place we cannot fathom. 

And, behold, this day I am going the way of all the earth: 
and ye know in all your hearts and in all your souls, 
that not one thing hath failed of all the good things 
which the Lord your God spake concerning you; 
all are come to pass unto you, 
and not one thing hath failed thereof.
Joshua 23:14

Image result for homily john 14 27 images

Even Jesus told his Disciples that they should be happy for him because he was going to be with his Father in heaven. Hence the following verse:

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: 
not as the world givethgive I untoyou. 
Let not your heart be troubledneither let it be afraid.
Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go awayand come again unto you. 

If ye loved me, ye would rejoicebecausesaid, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
And now I have told youbefore it come to pass
that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.
John 14:27-29

Lovingly in Jesus Christ,
ABBEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS FOR ABBEY♥