Monday, April 17, 2017

THE DIVINE ANTEDOTE

Rejoice! The Lesson of Why Jesus Appeared First to Magdalen

Our beautiful Mother tells Venerable Mary of Agreda: “You will also draw a very useful lesson if you worthily contemplate how quickly the immense Charity of the most High responds to those who are contrite and humble of heart (Ps. 33:19), and how ready God is, immediately to assist those who seek Him in love, who meditate and speak of His Passion and Death (Wis 6:13)…Imitate then the fervor of Magdalen in search of her Master, who did not permit herself to be diverted even by the angels, or leave the grave with the others, or rest until she found Him so full of sweetness and kindness. This she also earned by having accompanied me through all the Passion with an ardent and unfaltering heart. Similar was the conduct of the other Mary’s, who thus merited before so many others the joys of the Resurrection.”

~*~

Mary was standing outside the tomb crying, and as she wept, she stooped and looked in.  She saw two white-robed Noli me tangere by Correggioangels sitting at the head and foot of the place where the body of Jesus had been lying.  "Why are  crying?" the angels asked her.

"Because they have taken away my Lord," she replied, "and I don't know where they have put him."

She glanced over her shoulder and saw someone standing behind her.  It was Jesus, but she didn't recognize him.  

"Why are you crying?" Jesus asked her.  "Who are you looking for?"

She thought he was the gardener.

"Sir," she said, "if you have taken him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will go and get him."

"Mary!" Jesus said.

She turned toward him and exclaimed, "Teacher!"

"Don't cling to me," Jesus said, "for I haven't yet ascended to the Father.  But go find my brothers and tell them that I am ascending to my Father and your Father, my God and your God."

Mary Magdalene found the disciples and told them, "I have seen the Lord!" 

Then she gave them his message."

John 20:11-18


~Dual Ravens


No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS FOR ABBEY♥