Saturday, December 10, 2016

SOMETHING ABOUT FAITH

The Healing of a Boy with a Demon.*14h When they came to the crowd a man approached, knelt down before him,15and said, “Lord, have pity on my son, for he is a lunatic* and suffers severely; often he falls into fire, and often into water.16I brought him to your disciples, but they could not cure him.”17i Jesus said in reply, “O faithless and perverse* generation, how long will I be with you? How long will I endure you? Bring him here to me.”18Jesus rebuked him and the demon came out of him,* and from that hour the boy was cured.19Then the disciples approached Jesus in private and said, “Why could we not drive it out?”20* j He said to them, “Because of your little faith. Amen, I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”


Image result for hEALING THE BOY WITH THE DEMON

~*~

This is not the first, nor the last foretelling of Jesus. In reading Matthew, I found that Jesus was quite patient with his disciples. It reminds me of the most favorite teacher in my school. Everybody hoped that they would get this teacher for English and I scored by being put into one period of English a Day with him.

But I was like the disciples we read about in this passage from Matthew. Is there complete truth in what he is trying to show them THREE TIMES? Why would you not believe Him if he had shown you through his gentle way that he was, in fact the Son of God, Son of Man.

We feel we all have enough faith, but do we?  We should, for we are healed in things we are unawares every day!

If we had the faith to fill a mustard seed, we would never worry about anything from day to day. I feel some shame when I pray, and I apologize that I continue to ask God for something that I  have already given to him. I have no patience, just as the disciples had no patience. This could lead to your own self-destruction because you have not the patience to wait for God to work out everything leading up to the fulfillment of your prayers.

I have been known to cry a river and beg "please, please, please Jesus. "Please [answer this intention].  Yes, I felt a whole lot better once I released and cried sufficiently, but did I really change anything? Nope! This prayer will not be answered until God is ready, I just wish he'd hurry it up!

Many of you probably feel and experience the same thing. God understands, Jesus understands. But we simple MUST get a good grip on our FAITH! Like most people, I like to think I have a lot of faith, but it still isn't enough. I long to have such a close relationship with the Father and the Son that I will never second guess another thing. You cannot worry about tomorrow because God has already planned it today. If you just have faith in that one sentence, it should carry you through anything that worries you.

We KNOW that Jesus and God love us! And we KNOW we are so in love with these unseen beings and all that has been promised. It it were not true, The Holy Bible would hover have been written. I can guarantee you that if you pick up your Bible and turn to Isaiah, Job, or anything in the New Testament, you will find something that seems as though it were speaking directly to you and what you are experiencing.  That always amazes me, how I can read anything and it's almost as if Jesus is speaking directly to me. That's when I run to my prayer place and pray and talk with God. Sometimes it is quite emotional; other times, its just full of love and friendship.

JESUS LOVES YOU! GOD LOVES YOU! Reach out and commit those six words to your mind and heart. It is the truest of all things heavenly. And I no longer fear death because I know meeting Jesus at the gate is going to be so, so exhilarating! What a beautiful day that will be!

Lovingly in Jesus Christ,
ABBEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS FOR ABBEY♥