Tuesday, November 15, 2016

ARE YOU READY?

Luke 17:20-25

Asked by the Pharisees when the Kingdom of God would come,
Jesus said in reply,
“The coming of the Kingdom of God cannot be observed,
and no one will announce, ‘Look, here it is,’ or, ‘There it is.’
For behold, the Kingdom of God is among you.”

Then he said to his disciples,
“The days will come when you will long to see
one of the days of the Son of Man, but you will not see it.
There will be those who will say to you,
‘Look, there he is,’ or ‘Look, here he is.’
Do not go off, do not run in pursuit.
For just as lightning flashes
and lights up the sky from one side to the other,
so will the Son of Man be in his day.
But first he must suffer greatly and be rejected by this generation.”

~*~

Image result for second coming of christ

With all of the turmoil, both great and small, that goes on in this world every day in mind, I have spoken with many people who mostly agree that we are in the End Times. This provokes my curiosity and much thought.

Our answer is found in the above scripture. We are given "hints" through scriptures and in the book of Revelation to try and discern for ourselves when Jesus will return for his flock.  HOWEVER, we are told directly in the conversation with Christ and his disciples that it will not be something of the nature of "look, here comes Jesus from the heavens."

No matter how hard anyONE tries, God's intelligence is .... hm .... a good word .... maybe beyond our reasoning that He would never allow us to know the time nor the hour. We were told our Savior would come "like a thief in the night".  Which makes me want to say, always say your prayers and ask forgiveness for sins of that day before you go to sleep each night. Me, I fall asleep while praying many nights. Perhaps this is a blessing - let's say that it is!

Resign yourself to live; live as Godly as possible; ask forgiveness and for His Graces and Mercies; pray the Rosary as often as possible; and rely through prayer on the intercessions of the Blessed Mother and the Saints.

Sometimes, I find I am in a state of mind that I look at the heavens with great wonder about the Second Coming. Sometimes I want Him to come now; sometimes I feel I need more time. Perhapss that is a giveaway that I need more time to come to a complete state of Grace. I know I do not want to be left behind.

I think of my family, all of them, and all of the friends I know and love. I want them all to go with me, or should I say I want to go with all of them, all of us at the same time. But you cannot save anyone; you are responsible for yourself only and each person is responsible for their own salvation. Again, I think and sometimes just wonder .... are they ready? Am I ready? Are YOU ready?

Lovingly in Jesus Christ,
ABBEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS FOR ABBEY♥