Wednesday, November 02, 2016

.... AND THE END WILL COME.

Because of the increase of wickedness,
the love of most will grow cold. 
But He who stands firm to the end will be saved, 
And this gospel of the Kingdom 
will be preached in the whole 
world as a testimony to all nations, 
and then the end will come
Matthew 24 - 12

~*~

Sadly, I run into people and overhear conversations wherever I go that dishearten me. These conversations about the world, about the election, and so forth, draw me to the conclusion that the above scripture is dead on.

I won't/can't point out specific cross-sections of people. Suffice to say, I find a lot of it, even among those who proclaim their love of Jesus Christ. I find myself thinking as I hear such statements, "are you REALLY completely invested in God and Jesus Christ?"

Sometimes, one may respond to another against what is truly heartfelt and say just what that person wants to hear. In that light, you are compromising your salvation. Jesus faced crucifixion, never once through the scorgning at the pillar, nor his crucifixion that followed. Did you see the movie "The Passion"? I felt it was the strongest, most honest view of what actually occurred. And now, I see Christ on the cross and my heart bleeds for my sins and forgiveness.

Are you willing, and this is the extreme at this point in time, to stand and declare that you are a Christian with someone ready to chop off your head or shoot you dead? There is no question in my mind that I will NEVER deny that I am a Christian. If I am killed, so what? I will immediately be led to heaven and there will be no memory of the sting of my death. Will I be afraid? Of course! Who would not be afraid if they are left in a desolate world and not among those who went Home with Jesus?  This is why it has been burned into our minds that Jesus is the only road to God!

Just remember, be ready 24/7, and if you are faced with being a target for death, your last words should be in prayer to Jesus.  I am certain of my heart; are you? I can't help but look with anticipation every day for the Second Coming of Christ.


LOVINGLY IN JESUS CHRIST,
ABBEY ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS FOR ABBEY♥