Friday, October 21, 2016

EPHESIANS 4:1-6

Ephesians 4:1-6
Brothers and sisters:
I, a prisoner for the Lord,
urge you to live in a manner worthy of the call you have received,
with all humility and gentleness, with patience,
bearing with one another through love,
striving to preserve the unity of the spirit
through the bond of peace;
one Body and one Spirit,
as y
ou were also called to the one hope of your call; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
~*~

Brothers and Sisters in Christ, I, too, am a prisoner for the Lord. But I am not bound with chains and shackles in the deep cave with all the criminals in. No, I have been a prisoner for the Lord for many a year. There are no bars on my door, I can come and go as I please, do what I need to do on my own, have my own home and a multitude of things that show us that being a prisoner for the Lord does not take away any liberties. In fact, we receive so much more!

We receive peace of mind, know that with the Lord in our hearts, he will take care of us every day until our time comes and He calls us to heaven. We are blessed every day with a multitude of blessings and graces straight from the Lord but do you see them? If not, you should try being more alert of feeling His presence.

For instance, I was doing something I NEVER do. While driving across the little bridge in our town, and was approaching the railroad tracks, I held up my phone to take a photo of the beautiful skies yesterday. When I looked back ahead, I was about 4 feet from a stopped truck. I hit my brakes and avoided him with room to spare. I know I should not have been doing this, and I never will again. It is dangerous to drive and text. I got llucky. My Lord and Savior saved me by nudging me to look straight ahead in time to stop.

I am a prisoner to tell everyone about Him. I get a lot of people who look at me like I am crazy! No, I'm not crazy, I just love our Lord with every ounce of my being! I told several people as I entered stores "Jesus Loves You! Have a Happy Day!" Some look stnned, and were speechless. Why do so many people find it strange that someone would say somethihng positive to them about the Lord? And I always left the clerks when I'd check out with "Have a blessed and beautiful day!"

This is how you can spread His love around!! Are you doing it? No? Well, be ashamed later, and start immediately by committing yourself to be a prisoner of the Lord. Do you know that this, all that I did yesterday, spreading the word that Jesus loves people, made me so happy inside. It was wonderful! A life with our Savior is a Happy Life, but not without the human elements. We have to continually look to Him for redemption, love and care.

I love Jesus and I love God so much that I cannot put it into words. I had a long-standing prayer that I gave to God nearly a year ago and it was answered last week. Praise God, Praise His Holy Name, Praise His Grace and Mercy laid upon me! 

Go back and read the scripture above. Keep it handy as a reference when you may be feeling down and need the Lord. Just call His name, He is with you and has so much to give you,   He is with you always!

Lovingly in Jesus Christ,
ABBEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS FOR ABBEY♥