Wednesday, September 21, 2016

1 EPHEESIANS 4:1-7, 11-13

Ephesians  4:1-7, 11-13

Brothers and sisters:
I, a prisoner for the Lord,
urge you to live in a manner worthy of the call you have received,
with all humility and gentleness, with patience,
bearing with one another through love,
striving to preserve the unity of the Spirit
through the bond of peace:
one Body and one Spirit,
as you were also called to the one hope of your call;
one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
one God and Father of all,
who is over all and through all and in all.

But grace was given to each of us
according to the measure of Christ’s gift. 

And he gave some as Apostles, others as prophets,
others as evangelists, others as pastors and teachers,
to equip the holy ones for the work of ministry,
for building up the Body of Christ,
until we all attain to the unity of faith
and knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood,
to the extent of the full stature of Christ
.

~*~

These passages really spoke to my heart. Mainly because I felt a calling by Our Lady several years ago. She said, "go and be an apostle for my son and bring as many souls as possible to the foot of the cross." This blog has been my mission. Some things I've written have seemed quite poor in hindsight, but it is the purpose of which I write that is central - "sharing through love the bond of peace, one Body and one Spirit."

I have been humbled by Our Lady's calling, and at times, I felt trepid when trying to find a topic of which to speak. The Bible is huge and full of very important things. But my favorite is The New Testament because it is here that we find the bounty of Jesus Christ's sermons, stories of how he came to choose his Disciples, and finally, His Passion.

I strive to bring into the hearts of those who are half-heartedly into their faith, and to those who have no faith at all.  It is a very special Grace that God has laid upon me, and again, I am so very humbled to be chosen. I'm afraid at times that I am not worthy because I have "dry spells" when I beg The Holy Spirit to place something on my heart that will emphasize each of your salvation. Do you know how very crucial this is to your everlasting life, your eternal reward, your life in God's Kingdom? I feel it more crucial every day of my life, because when Jesus comes, if he comes in my llifetime, I want to be ready to reach high for him to take me up with him.  Stop and ponder the last passage and think of your possible role in spreading the Gospel of Jesus.
And he gave some as Apostles, others as prophets,
others as evangelists, others as pastors and teachers,
to equip the holy ones for the work of ministry,
for building up the Body of Christ,
until we all attain to the unity of faith
and knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood,
to the extent of the full stature of Christ.
I am quite certain that there are many, many, perhaps thousands and thousands of people who have not paid much attention to whether or not they have been called to further the Gospel to others and those others to more others. This passage is one of the most beautiful in the Bible. I have read and re-read it so many times.

It is so POSITIVE! God is calling us all to do our part "to attain the unity of faith and knowledge of the Son of God", and then to use the Good News as your tool to bring yourself into an alignment of sorts with the Son of God as a man. Jesus lived as a human being on the same planet where we are. And now, he sits at the right hand of HIS FATHER, the one God, the alpha and the omega. It's awesomely mind-blowing! Oh how I love my Jesus and my God!

This is so beautiful that I cannot wrap my brain around terror, violence, petty laws broken, any of it. When you fully know Jesus and you are fully aware that your salvation is up to you, but it is there for the taking, why would anyone choose otherwise. It is very perplexing. Food for Thought, my dear friends.

May You Be Blessed,
ABBEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS FOR ABBEY♥