Wednesday, August 31, 2016

SCRIPTURE FROM SIRACHI

Sir 3:17-18, 20, 28-29

My child, conduct your affairs with humility,
and you will be loved more than a giver of gifts.
Humble yourself the more, the greater you are,
and you will find favor with God.
What is too sublime for you, seek not,
into things beyond your strength search not.
The mind of a sage appreciates proverbs,
and an attentive ear is the joy of the wise.
Water quenches a flaming fire,
and alms atone for sins.

~*~

Peace be with you, God's little darlings! I'm just about over the malady that has plagued me since Saturday and I need to get back to spreading Good News!

I've talked of telling everyone you meet "Have a Blessed Day". But today, the Holy Spirit put on my heart a different and more powerful thing to say: "Jesus Loves You!" I imagined myself walking down the street and telling everyone who passed me "Jesus Loves You". I might get some sour pusses, and then I might just make someone who has been lost from Jesus think and decide "I need to get back to my faith." That would be ideal, yes?

Jesus asks us to behave with humility in all things we do. We do not do special things for others for the "glory" of a thank you .... or do you? The humble Christian doesn't need, nor want, accolades. Only to spread the Good News. The humble person is above all and the most to find favor in God.

What do you seek in your life? Is it riches or notoriety? If so, you must see that these things are not on the narrow path to Jesus. I think of people I know who will drive three hours to another state just to buy lottery tickets! None have ever won, but they keep on and keep on. People, if God intended for you to be rich, it would surely be God given and to a humble person.

Read the last four lines of the scripture above. These are the ways of a holy individual whose priority in life is to love and be loved by God and Jesus. It's not a difficult way to live. In fact, you will feel your heart soaring with love for The Holy Trinity and all that He is!

St. Therese was always known for her "little ways". And these ways touched Jesus so tenderly that He took her to heaven before she was 30 years old. This is what she had worked for, longed for, loved for. And now she is one of the most celebrated Saints in heaven. Now I'm not saying to "do this or that" so that you will be a Saint. Just do it for yourself and your relationship with the Father and the Son. All they want from you is your unabiding LOVE, and you will receive it back in tenfold.

God bless each of you and those whom you love.

Lovingly,
ABBEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS FOR ABBEY♥