Thursday, June 16, 2016

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Together in Your Grace


O God, our hope,
There is someone in transitWith destruction behind, and the unknown aheadWith thieves all around.May I walk beside this one in prayer.And may we walk together in your grace.
There is a child with neither mother nor father,
Threatened by disease, exploitation, and neglect.
May I walk beside this one in prayer,
And may we walk together in your grace.
There is a farmer walking in his dry fields
Looking up at the sky,
Wondering when the rain will return.
May I walk beside this one in prayer,
And may we walk together in your grace.
Lord, we ask protection for the vulnerable:
Those who are ill, those who are taken advantage of,
The mothers and fathers who cannot feed their children,
The ones who have lost their way.
These, your beloved sons and daughters,
Do not let them become as strangers to me.
Turn my heart
That I may walk beside them in prayer.
Guide my path
That I may walk beside them in deed.
And find among them a sister or a brother.
And let us walk together,
Together in your grace.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS FOR ABBEY♥