Thursday, June 16, 2016

JOHN 15:5

I am the vine; you are the branches. 
If a man remains in Me and I in him, 
he will bear much fruit: 
apart from Me you can do nothing
John 15-5

~*~

I was rather amazed when I received this scripture this morning. Before I had read it, I had been outside drinking my coffee at 5:30am listening to God's world awakening. I could hear the little and bigger birds singing in the distance and I was waiting for them to sing in the trees beyond and next door to my house. I began to whistle, and don't you know that they were answering me?

Jesus IS the vine, and there are so many branches that sometimes things get too close or too tangled.  Branches from other trees overlap ours, and this is usually our family and our friends.  If you remain in Jesus, you will be able to share Him with the other branches of your life. You are continuing a cycle that began over 2,000 years ago!

However, if not for Jesus' suffering and dying for all sin, we would not even care about our family or have any friends. What a lonely and desolate existence we would be living.

But, you know, there are more and more people who are living without Christ, or God, in their lives. I was thinking as I was drinking my coffee how different life is from one place to another. When I lived in Los Angeles in my 20's, you were hard pressed to find a church. They are not on "every corner" like they are here. I thought about those people who have no faith, and I just shook my head and said to Jesus, "Lord, I pray that these people find you before its too late."  I had just said the Rosary, so I was in a very spiritual place.

The birds came to the feeders and I was singing hymns quietly and I began to smile at these little creatures getting their breakfast, and I just have to mumble to myself how great God is! It is things like this that bring joy into one's heart.

Yes, I will remain in Jesus and he is definitely in me. That is how it will always be. Not just here on earth, but when we pass away on to God's Kingdom.  Once Jesus made a home in me, I knew that neither of us would ever leave the other.  I say, "not my will, Lord, but yours!" And that is very comforting because I KNOW he will never forsake me. People in this world will disappoint and hurt, but you are never alone. Jesus is waiting for you to talk to him, to give him your heart, your problems, and to love him for all time.

I can feel that Jesus is near. Do not wait to bring him into your life. The difference between Jesus living in us and not living in us is something that will come to pass and it will be horrid! I want to be in that number that Jesus takes first!


HALLELUJAH, PRAISE GOD!
ABBEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS FOR ABBEY♥