Sunday, April 17, 2016

DEPRESSION AND ANXIETY

PSALM 40:1-3
1 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. 
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. 

3He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the LORD and put their trust in him.

~*~

I was born with depression and anxiety in my gene pool. Many in my family have suffered, but some worse than others. My dad says "I've never been depressed a day in my life!" Oh, how I wish I could say the same.

When one falls into that bottomless pit of anxiety and depression, pills can only do so much. It really is up to you to pull yourself out of it.

In a recent episode of severe depression and anxiety, I didn't know how to pray! Can you believe that? Well, it's true. All I could do was pray "Jesus, please help me." And I know that I was meant to go through this for His greater Glory. Coming out of the darkness at the end of the tunnel, I can now see Jesus again in his Majesty.

I will sing his praises and speak of them to everyone that I know. Our only way to God is through Jesus Christ. Thus I focus hard on my relationship with Him. He knows all, and although at times you feel he doesn't care for you, this is so wrong. It is because he cares for you that you must go through human failures only to return to him with an even greater love for him.

Our Lord is kind, and in the recent weeks, I had to keep that in my thoughts. From experience and because the Bible tells me so, I knew that he would not forsake me. I am his and his alone.

Every day, I cast satan back to hell. He was doing his best and he did hurt me, but I refused to let go of Jesus and I cast him back to the fiery pits of hell every day! His attack was venomous. If I was on the deck reading, I'd hear him inside the house making loud sounds. I had to talk to myself a lot and BELIEVE that this was him and that I should not fear. I prayed him away. When I was alone at night, I would hear the creak of a step on the stairs, just general noises in the house meant to cause fear. But I refused. He will continue for a while, until he tires of me and moves to a weaker spirit. He knew I was in a weak state of mind and thus, he chose this time to attack the hardest. But I shall not be moved.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior, and he has my eternal love and allegiance. Perhaps you have had the experience of satan hovering around you but you did not know? Just please remember, satan cannot hurt you unless you allow it. Keep praying to Jesus to take him away; pray for the warring angels to come to your aid, and satan will be cast back to the place he belongs.

We are all going to have times that are difficult to bear. Bear them with dignity and with confidence in our Lord. He will save you every time. So, never give up on him; he will never give up on you.

Lovingly in Jesus,
ABBEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS FOR ABBEY♥