Wednesday, March 23, 2016

WASHING OF THE FEET

John 13:6-10 (NIV)
He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, “Lord, are you going to wash my feet?”
Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.”
“No,” said Peter, “you shall never wash my feet.”
Jesus answered, “Unless I wash you, you have no part with me.”
“Then, Lord,” Simon Peter replied, “not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!”
10 Jesus answered, “Those who have had a bath need only to wash their feet; their whole body is clean. And you are clean, though not every one of you.” 11 For he knew who was going to betray him, and that was why he said not every one was clean.
~*~
If you have been following our Lord's Passion every day, then you may have a small hole of sadness in your heart, for you know what will happen to Jesus tomorrow.
Jesus has already pointed to his betrayer, who has gone to sell his secret for a bag of coins. Now Jesus prepares for the washing of the feet. Simon Peter is abhorred that Jesus wants to wash his feet and make him clean. When he says "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me," and also that Peter would later understand why Jesus must wash his feet.
This because Jesus knows that in four days, he will give his church on earth unto Peter, our first Pope. Peter will humbly accept and The Church has grown all around the world and is strong and vibrant today. This is why we consider every Pope to be a direct descendant of Peter. The church has been led by many and it is still living and breathing.
Keep yourself clean, not just your feet or your body, but your soul. Keep it clean so that you may share in the glorious bounty of God in His Kingdom when your day comes for judgment.
Each man and woman will be judged individually for the good that they did and for the bad. Work on yourself. I know that each one of us can find things in our lives that we need to change in order to cleanse ourselves for our meeting with Jesus.
I say to you, live with a clean heart, a clean mind, and a clean soul. Surely then shall you reap the reward awaiting you in heaven! What a glorious day that will be.
Please keep in mind the countdown to the crucifixion and the Risen Lord on Sunday. I feel sadness for what a man, who was the most gentle creature that God ever created, must endure FOR US AND OUR SINS FOR ALL TIME! To ignore this fact could make the difference in whether you will live eternally in heaven or hades. Choose wisely!
Lovingly in our Savior, Jesus Christ,
ABBEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS FOR ABBEY♥