Sunday, March 13, 2016

ISAIAH 40:6-8

ISAIAH 40:6-8
A voice says, “Cry out.”
    And I said, “What shall I cry?”
“All people are like grass,
    and all their faithfulness is like the flowers of the field.
The grass withers and the flowers fall,
    because the breath of the Lord blows on them.
    Surely the people are grass.
The grass withers and the flowers fall
 but the word of our God endures forever.

~*~ 

Why do I have this affinity for the Book of Isaiah? Something draws me to it almost daily. I find no better comfort, no more declaration of God's promises that from Isaiah.

In the passage above, we see how our faithfulness truly is. It will wax and wain, depending on our "need" of God. But God is always there. Why do we slap his beautiful, divine face by calling on him only when we need something?

What about trying something different?  As I have written before, what about telling him how much you love him, naming all the things in your life that you are grateful to him for having placed them there in your path?  If you haven't gotten down on your knees yet and with much contriteness thanked him for all that you are, and all that you have, there's still time and you are still worth saving.

I am thankful to God for my family first. I am so very grateful that he designed that I should be adopted by two loving people who raised me to be the best person I could be. I am thankful that my Daddy didn't spare the rod and spoil the child. 

I am thankful that God saved my life more than once. I am thankful for every incident, every broken heart, every joy and every happiness because it led me to where I am today.

I am thankful to God for his very existence, but mostly the infinite love that he showers upon me. I am grateful for his divine forgiveness when I have been less than I should be as a Christian. I am thankful to know that he will never leave me, nor forsake me, but also that I do not take that for granted. It is such a Grace and Gift to behold.

I am thankful that I have two children whom I love dearly, and from them, I have four grandchildren who are the very light of my days.

I am thankful for my friends, for my parents being with me for as long as they have, and for my enemies who teach me what's not worth fighting for and what is.

I am so very thankful for heaven and the Son who died so that I might see my permanent and eternal home in heaven one day, Where would we be without Jesus? LOST AND WITHOUT HOPE!

So you see, when Isaiah speaks of the grass and the flowers withering, he is speaking to our faith in God. It may be green and flowers may be beautiful colors, but then there are times when we are in direst of straits and we do not go to him. That is when we wither and die. Without our faith, we cannot truly live as God intended.

Shore up your faith; hop on the wings of God where you will be loved and protected, and don't forget to thank him for all that you have BEFORE you start asking for other things. Yes, he's a good listener, the best. And if you listen closely, if you are quiet for just long enough, you will hear him speak to you! What Joy! What elation! What miracles!

God bless you,
ABBEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS FOR ABBEY♥