Friday, February 12, 2016

YOUR LIFE IS YOUR CHOICE

Thomas said to Him. Lord, we don't know where you are going,
so how can we know the way?
Jesus answered I am the way and the truth and the life.
No one comes to the father except through me.
If you really know me, you would know my Father as well.
John 14 - 5

~*~

Do you ever find yourself in situations where you have no answers, a place where you feel your are lost and cannot find your way? One of the most finite things that Jesus ever said was the line "No one comes to the father except through me. If you really know me, you would know my father as well."

Jesus is the Son of God, Jesus was God in human form on earth. When he began his sermons, he had but three years to live, yet he touched so many people that what he taught them would live for all time. Pretty amazing, huh?

Bills that need paying, possibly a divorce, loss of someone close to you, an opportunity for a job change and you cannot decide, what church should I attend and in how do I find the right one?  We're having a baby and it wasn't planned - that is God's Divine preference.  All these and more should bring you to your knees in prayer.

When you go to pray, the room should be quiet with no outside sounds to interfere with your conversation with Jesus and God. The first thing, in my mind, is to start by thanking God for all the good things in your life. When I did this recently, the list was long and I was in tears before I finished. They were good tears, tears of thankfulness and of shame for worrying over something that I should have prayed about and given over to God in the first place.

This is why Jesus said that if you know him, then you know his Father. Jesus is the road to heaven - the ONLY road to heaven and to God. The more time you spend in talking with him in prayer, the more you see the answers unfolding in your life, and thus, the more thankful you are to God and his Mercy.

It's all good! There is not one negative thing about Jesus or God, or The Word.  It takes initiative. You have to WANT Jesus in your life, and you HAVE to bring him into your heart by prayer and by reading scripture.

The Gospels are some of the greatest books of the Bible. You will learn, if you have not already done so, the words of Jesus as he preached his sermons to people from a high rock or a hill, or down beside a river. As you read, imagine that Jesus is preaching these to you, because truly, His sermons are for everyone for all time. His sermons will lift you and your heart will soon overflow with love for Him and His Father. Prayer and The Word. And once you accept Jesus into your heart, keep him there, let Him lead you. When temptation knocks, don't answer the door. You know right from wrong, so are you willing to give up your place in heaven by sinning without forgiveness, living without listening or reading Jesus' words?

Believe this: When I found myself so full of The Holy Spirit in my heart, so full of the love of Jesus and God, I see more good around me. I'm no longer so negative about life and the things of the world of satan that is in control. I try to pay it forward through generosity of spirit, of kindness, acceptance, and understanding.


I just noticed something that I always see when I'm writing on my blog and it's kind of funny. Every time I use the term "satan", it is underlined in red, meaning a mispell. Perhaps it is underlined in red because fire is red and that is what it is like in hell.

Choose Jesus and know God, and then, you have found the way to Heaven! Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS FOR ABBEY♥