Wednesday, February 03, 2016

THIS DAY'S THOUGHT, VERSE & SMILE


This Day's Thought from The Ranch
Your health can be taken and your money stolen–but your place at God’s table is permanent.
Max Lucado

This Day's Verse
Who can understand his errors?  Cleanse me from secret faults.
Psalm 19:12
The New King James Version

This Day's Smile
If you’re going to care about the fall of the sparrow you can’t pick and choose who’s going to be the sparrow.  It’s everybody.
Madeleine L’Engle

Dear Ones,

Don't you just love Max Lucado? He is so spiritually in tune and brainy, sharing his spiritual thoughts, which are always excellent food for the soul. He's right, once you have your Salvation and you commit yourself to upholding the laws of God, you are a permanent fixture at his enormous table! Nobody can ever take that from you, although by your own actions, I believe you can lose your place. Don't look back, go forth with God!

This Psalm really hits the nail on the head as far as asking forgiveness. It is impossible for one to judge himself completely, for we are prejudiced people. God knows all of our sins, even if we cannot think of all of them, and a general "forgive me for all the sins of the day" covers it, I think. I actually have one in particular and it's one of those curse words that, for instance, you say if you stub your toe. I know I have to stop saying it and I ask for His Divine assistance and that of The Holy Spirit who lives in me.

Madeleine L'Engle gives us some really good food for thought. In fact, I'm still contemplating it. So there you go ............

Go With God,
ABBEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS FOR ABBEY♥