Wednesday, February 17, 2016

PSALM 40:2

He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.
Psalm 40:2 (NKJV)
 
~*~
 
A "horrible pit .... the miry clay". What does that mean to YOU?
 
The pit and clay represent a life led by a sinner who never repents. We have all been in the pit and experienced the miry clay.  In life, there are highs and lows, and sometimes we don't stop to think about how we climbed out the pit and clay, and found ourselves on solid footing, solid ground ("rock").
 
That "rock" is Jesus. When he lifts you up and brings you into a better circumstance and saves you from yourself, he is believing in you.  Jesus is believing that you will recognize how this dramatic change in your circumstances came about.
 
Unfortunately, not that many people stop and say "thank you, Jesus."  If you do not acknowledge him the first time, or the second time, he helps you, then why should he lift you out of the mire? He should allow you to remain there and face your consequences, and he may very well do that.
 
But as the scripture reads, "And established my steps". When you acknowledge that Jesus has lifted you to a much better place, do you not also believe that he has set you on solid footing so that you will not falter again? Of course he does. He established your steps on the path to the Kingdom of God. It is up to you to daily take up your cross, face every obstacle with faith, and to remain on the steps of the path that Jesus has established for you.
 
It's not that hard, unless you make it that way. Oh yes, the devil will tempt you, but if Jesus can sit in the desert, thirsty and hungry, and continually deny the devil, can you not deny him from one day to the next if he tempts you to sin? If you possess your belief and faith in Jesus and the promises of a life hereafter, it should be easy to do.
 
I can say with all honesty and urgency that, since I found Jesus and took him into my heart, the path has less and less obstacles. I try to focus on the good in my life and give my needs up to him. I'm not perfect, and it doesn't always turn out that way, but I can pick myself up, dust myself off and begin anew with his loving assistance. For he knows that I am his and he is mine, and we love and care for one another.
 
P
 
Jesus! What a beautiful friend and savior! Count your blessings!
 
Lovingly in Jesus Christ,
ABBEY


No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS FOR ABBEY♥