Monday, January 11, 2016

TROUBLE PRAYING?

omans 8:26 - Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities:
for we know not what we should pray for as we ought:
but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us
with groanings which cannot be uttered.

If you have a difficult time praying, know that you a not alone. I mean, really not alone! I pray in silence before I go to sleep every night. That's when I have my most intimate one-on-one with Jesus, God, Mama, the Saints, etc., all things heavenly. I pray in silence so that the devil cannot hear my prayers and try to muck up my intimate time in prayer. If he hears what I'm praying, he is sure to come around and mess with your life!

Prayer is a  part of the lifetime Journey that you are taking with Jesus. I don't know how anyone lives a happy life without being hand-in-hand with the King.

Don't know what to say? No worries. Close your eyes, clear your mind of everything except that which is on your heart. No need to speak. The Holy Spirit knows what is on your mind. If you're stuck, just ask the heavens to look into your heart and see your hurts, your sorrows, your happiness, your wishes and your dreams. God knew what you wanted before you ever asked for it, but it is nice if you can ask and always, always give thanks! You wouldn't want to hurt our Lord's feelings by not acknowledging all that you are, all that you have, and all the prayers that have been answered.

I recall a period in my life when I didn't pray. Actually, I was in no way spiritual. I wasn't atheist or agnostic, I knew but, I ignored what I was raised to believe. If God can forgive me for all that I have been through in my life, my denial of any relationship with Him, I have a strong belief that he will forgive anything. He's just so wonderful, kind, warm, a shelter in a storm, one who will never deny you. I have been saved from what could have meant the death of me on at least four occasions that I can recall. And the recollection of those moments now scare me to death. Someone had to be there protecting me. Guess who saved me "with groanings which cannot be uttered by the Spirit.



James 5:16 - Confess [your] faults one to another,
and pray one for another, that ye may be healed.
The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Although I am a Prayer Warrior for my parish, I have found so much support through prayer with my beautiful friends on Twitter. You heard me right! We have slowly found one another over the last couple of years, and I have to say that I have a deep love for my Twitter friends in Christ! Anytime there is a need, whether it be me or one of my brothers or sisters in Christ (our reference to one another), the outpouring of love and prayerful support is overwhelming. We truly love one another, which is crazy because we've never met except on that medium and a few of us who share our emails.
It is the most wonderful thing, a Grace that God has given to each of us. I feel extremely blessed to have this support group and believe it was Divine Intervention, for before, I had no one. I have no real friends in my life, and thus, God sent me to Twitter and today, I share my blog and my encouragement with a large group of people from all over the world. More Amazing Grace.

I suppose I am getting a little sappy, yea? I just pray that I can change one heart and bring one soul to Jesus, a soul that was lost and I helped it to find Jesus. For the road to God has to go through Jesus, so "... pray for one another, that ye may be healed." Few words, but nevertheless comforting. Knowing you can talk to someone about your human failures and that they are going to stay with you and pray for you until you heal is a bit overwhelming, in a very good way. I pray I continue to live up to the generous outpouring of love from my Twitter BIC/SIC [Brothers in Christ/Sisters in Christ].

All aboard, there's plenty of room for everyone. It is as God planned it. It is as my mission for Jesus. You have nothing to fear, nothing to lose, and everything, EVERYTHING to gain - your Salvation and your place in God's Kingdom!

Lovingly in Jesus Christ,
ABBEY



No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS FOR ABBEY♥