Tuesday, January 12, 2016

PASSENGERS ON YOUR TRAIN

I don't know what you will take from this, but in my life, this was a very timely story that was sent to me by a friend.

http://www.thepastwhispers.com/train_17_edited1.jpg

 
At birth we boarded the train and met our parents, and we believe they will always travel on our side. However, at some station our parents will step down from the train, leaving us on this journey alone.
 
As time goes by, other people will board the train; and they will be significant, i.e. our siblings, friends, children, and even the love of your life. Many will step down and leave a permanent vacuum. Others will go so unnoticed that we don't realize
they vacated their seats.
 
This train ride will be full of joy, sorrow, fantasy, expectations, hellos, goodbyes, and farewells. Success consists of having a good relationship with all passengers requiring that we give the best of ourselves. The mystery to everyone is:  We do not know at which station we ourselves will step down. So, we must live in the best way, love, forgive, and offer the best of who we are.
 
It is important to do this because when the time comes for us to step down and leave our seat empty we should leave behind beautiful memories for those who will continue to travel on the train of life.
 
I wish you a joyful journey on the train of life. Reap success and give lots of love. More importantly, thank God for the journey.
 
Lastly, I thank you for being one of the passengers on my train.

2 comments:

  1. A nice story, meaningful to an extent. To me, though, the journey of life resembles more a pilgrimage than a trip. I have to do the walking. I have to choose and take a path among those offered. The road ahead is sometimes even, sunny, cheerful, and easy to travel; other times, it is rough, hard, lonely, dangerous, and dark. There are many pilgrims on the same road that I travel. I converse with them, and we share experiences with each other... Some of them become my friends, but most of them are too slow to keep up with me, or too fast and they leave me behind. Still others leave the road and go away, lured by interests that attract their attention more. Most of the friendships I make are temporary. Only a few will last. I wonder what this life, this world, is all about. It is a mystery! When my search becomes intense, painful, a bright light shines, breaks through like a flaming sword. This One is not another pilgrim, it is God! A beautiful encounter takes place, He gets close to me, I meet Him, my Lord, my Jesus, my Savior, my love! He knows me and wants to help me, He shows me an easier and shorter way to get to my destination. He wants me to get ahead without turning back. He encourages me to overcome obstacles, and takes my burdens on His shoulders when He notices that I am too tired, exhausted, or become despondent. He gives me hope, peace... He takes away my fears and fills my heart with a joy that is not of this world: He is my Way to Heaven, He IS my Heaven on earth! :) +

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Maria: Your comments are so very eloquent, the touch my very heart and soul. For this is so very close to how I see this journey that I am making to heaven. When I think of my journey as a whole, I see myself on a narrow path of very fine, soft, cool earth and I am following the footsteps of someone who has taken this path ahead of me. That person is Jesus Christ, and all my fears and worries about circumstances that seem overwhelmingly beyond my control take on far less significance in comparison. I want to see Jesus, I want to meet him first by the gates to God's Kingdom. I want Jesus to introduce me to his Father. He IS all that you say and so much more! Thank you so very much for writing. I pray that others will read your comment and that they will be as touched and moved as me. God bless you! ABBEY♥

      Delete

LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS FOR ABBEY♥