Tuesday, January 19, 2016

GOODBYE GLEN; I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!

Realizing that my tribute to Bowie was not a big hit, I'll just say each to his own and live and let live. I am a Christian to the inth degree, but I love my music and that does not lessen by devotion to The Church and The Holy Trinity.

I was somewhat grieving for David. He's been around as long as I've been on my own. But then last night, I was punched in the stomach when I saw on television that Glenn Frey had died. I immediately put my face in my napkin and sobbed, I mean really sobbed! I lived in L.A. when their first album came out, and thus I bought it not knowing what to expect, but the hook was right there and I allowed it to take me in.

I've loved The Eagles forever, it seems, but had a special love for Don Henley and Glenn. I didn't just love the music, I loved the men they were, their work ethic and how hard they worked to be the second highest grossing band second only to Michael Jackson.

But Glenn, he was real special to me. He had a look and a way about him (now remember, I was in my 20's when this love sprouted and began to grow), "a smile that said kill", but he could be so funny as I saw in "The History of the Eagles I and II. He was a bit of a hellion in that he wore t-shirts that contained some very avant-garde words and pictures. He was probably given a million t-shirts by fans cause I never saw the same one twice.

Did he know Christ? I don't know, and because I don't know, I am praying mightily for the repose of his soul. My heart and condolences go out to his wife, Cindy, and their three children, all of whom were the loves of his life. Thank you, Cindy, for being such a good partner, caretaker, wife and mother. Glenn had to love you for these and many other reasons.

God bless you, Glenn. Sure gonna miss you :(



No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS FOR ABBEY♥