Monday, January 18, 2016

BOWIE - MY TRIBUTE

It was the early 1970's and I was living in West Los Angeles, California, when I learned of this man, David Bowie. Admittedly, he had some strange and deep stuff out there, and I found myself really listening and trying to see what he saw. He was an original, and there will never be another like him. I didn't care for ALL of his music, but I have a few favorites, and I picked one of these for you, as my tribute to dear David, RIP. I still love my music from the 70's during which decade spawned a ton of great music and new musicians - The Eagles, David Bowie, Fleetwood Mac, Linda Rondstat, and before, The Beatles and The Stones, and many more. It was the most wonderful decade and I was in my 20's and soaked up so much, musically, during that time. Music has been something I feel was inherent in me when I was born. It seems like another life was lived during the 70's, and I was SO depressed when I turned 30 that I cried. I felt I had lost my youth before I learned to appreciate it. I never dreamed of being in my 50's, and now almost .... well, I'll keep that one secret. Just to say David was iconic, a chameleon, a brilliant artist, creative, comical and loving, always loving. And I'm so sad but pray for his soul, that he is in Heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS FOR ABBEY♥