Thursday, December 17, 2015

IN LOVE WITH JESUS


I learned as never before that persistent calling upon the Lord breaks through every stronghold of the devil, for nothing is impossible with God.  For Christians in these troubled times, there is simply no other way.
Jim Cymbala

~*~ 
Dear Ones,
 
We need the Lord more than ever in this day and time. Just before beginning to write, I always pray to our Lord and God, and for The Holy Spirit to bring me to subject to which I can add something useful.
 
Here is an example of my persistent calling upon the Lord God: I have not seen my baby grandson since before last Easter. His mother will not talk to me and she hangs up on my son. She said "take me to court". This is so unnecessary, but it appears that this will become a reality in the new year. I speak with God about my grandson, and I used to beg him to please fix this situation. That prayer has gone on for months with no change. I now pray to Him and tell him, "God, I do not understand your Way, but I know that Your Way is the right way, and therefore I sacrifice my own feelings and allow it all to go to You. I know you will work this out in the best way possible.  He knows how much I love my littlest grandson, and even though I do not know why his mother's heart is so hard and mean-spirited, perhaps he is working on her as well. Who am I to say?
 
I cannot recall enjoying a happier Advent than in recent years, and even more so this year. I hit rock bottom and after that, I somehow have become completely giddy and joyful to celebrate the birthday of Jesus WITH HIM!! Yes, there are things that are not righted, but those have been given to God, and I am going to celebrate with Christ at the forefront. Surely he is glad when families come together for food and fellowship, and gifts for the little ones in His Honor.

I was sitting in the quiet on any given evening and admiring my Christmas tree. I began thinking. The tree is the base of the birthday cake for Jesus; the ornaments are the candles that sparkle and light in the tree, and the topper is simply that, a beautiful top of the birthday cake. The gifts are from Jesus to the recipients with all our love and in honor of Jesus. Our family will be together and we WILL rejoice and be glad.


1 John 5:1-2

Faith in the Son of God
1 Everyone who believes1 that Jesus is the Christ2 is born of God,3 and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well.4

2 This is how we know5 that we love the children of God:6 by loving God and carrying out his commands.     
 
We are all created out of the pure love of God, and if you love God, then you must also love his Son, Jesus. Because of this great love, and because we know of it's infinity, with our faith as our compass and the Bible as our vessel, we love and serve the Father and the Son.  
 
Think of how deeply your love your children. Loving God and His love FOR YOU is even more than ten times that, His love for you is infinite! Think how deeply you love your family, your mother and dad, your friends and co-workers. Sure, people will rub you until you are raw sometimes, but God and Jesus are living in your heart, and He will grant you the Grace of Forgiveness!
 
It is funny how often I say "thank you Jesus" in just one day! And I do not say it lightly, but meaning it from the very bottom of my heart. It's become a mainstay in my life and I give gratitude to God for this beautiful Grace. There are simply too many of them available to you to even count.
 
Know that you are always loved, even when you feel you have no one. What a friend you will find in Jesus and he will always rescue you.
 
Verse 2 above says that we do know that we are children of God. And that by loving Him and heeding his commands in the Word, then we know how much He loved his Son; enough to send him to a passionate death so that we also may share in His Kingdom.
 
If you love God, there is no way that you cannot love Jesus!  I keep thinking of that old hymn that they use to sing in the faith I was raised "What A Friend We Have In Jesus." Friends, there is no greater friend who will always be loyal, loving and never, ever leave you. Even if you turn your back to him, he will follow you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. He will not relent in being there if there is a chance that you will finally come to your senses, like I did, and call on Him.
 
May you enjoy your Advent with all love, peace and joy, that our Savior was born on Christmas and was destined to bring our salvation to any who want it, just for the asking and with sincerity and devotion to Him,
 
Lovingly in Jesus Christ,
ABBEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS FOR ABBEY♥