Monday, December 07, 2015

ADVENT PERSPECTIVE

"Beware that your hearts do not become drowsy from carousing and drunkenness and anxieties of daily life.....
Be vigilant at all times and pray that you have the strength ....  Luke 21: 34-36

Today marks the beginning of #Advent and a new year for the Church.Advent means "coming". It is Jesus who comes, not to bring despair and destruction, doom and gloom, but to dispel the fear and frustration in our hearts.


Are we preoccupied with too much eating, drinking and partying? Are our waking hours spent on cable TV, computer games, the Internet , Facebook, IG or Twitter? Are we obsessed with making money? Do we give a thought at all to #Jesus and to our #spiritual life?

Jesus knocks at the door of our #hearts. Advent challenges us to welcome Him in the persons of other people family members, colleagues , fellow employees, classmates, neighbors and friends and to acknowledge His presence in our work, in our dealings with people, even in our household chores. We are reminded to pay attention to Jesus, to get busy with Him, in Him and for Him.

We need not be afraid of what is going on around us, the different disasters and crisis we have . Why? Jesus will indeed come to liberate us from sin and selfishness. His coming brings a message of #love and ushers a new way of life. Advent delivers hope. It makes us confident and joyful, so we can move forward to meet #God.

Let us identify the excess baggage and material attachments in our lives. How do we get rid of them? How do we prepare to celebrate the coming of Jesus this #Christmas ? Lord, I surrender my time and treasure to You. I want to focus on Your love for me , so I can love You more. O, come O come Emmanuel ! I wish you all a meaningful and fruitful Advent season. This is my last post until Christmas Day , you will all be in my #prayers and please don't hesitate to message me if you need it. I will be blessed to include your intentions in my silent retreat.Please remember me in your prayers too. Thank you!❤️


~ Author ~Flordeleisa
My Very Special Friend in Austria

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS FOR ABBEY♥