Sunday, November 01, 2015

ASSUMPTIONS; LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE

Proverbs 3:5-12
Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
    don’t try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
    he’s the one who will keep you on track.
Don’t assume that you know it all.
    Run to God! Run from evil!
Your body will glow with health,
    your very bones will vibrate with life!
Honor God with everything you own;
    give him the first and the best.
Your barns will burst,
    your wine vats will brim over.
But don’t, dear friend, resent God’s discipline;
    don’t sulk under his loving correction.
It’s the child he loves that God corrects;
    a father’s delight is behind all this.
 
 
Luke 11-33
No one lights a lamp and puts it in a place
where it will be hidden,or under a bowl.
Instead he puts it on its stand,
so that those who come in may see the light
 
~*~
 
Something rather comical happened to me on Christmas morning when I was about 10 years old. We (my sister and I) had been sharing a small bicycle for several years and the seat was completely worn out. Oh, and by the way, I have the 8mm video of this and you can read my lips! But about the bicycle, Santa could not afford two new bicycles, so when we are seen walking into the den in our hair curlers, there sat a bigger, new, blue bicycle. Oh I was so excited! Then I noticed the bicycle seat lying on the floor next to the new bike. I looked at my sister and said, "Well, here's the seat to yours; I wonder where the bicycle is!" This always brings a good laugh when our family is reminiscing especially when I am talking to my grandchildren about my childhood.
 
I had made a huge assumption, which in this case, was funny. But are you "assuming" that your salvation is secure, and therefore, you can stop doing all that is required of a Christian life? If so, you are making a huge mistake.
 
God should NEVER be taken for granted, and neither should our Savior's death on the cross for our sins.  As Proverbs says, He will rebuke even the most loved of His children if it means bringing them back in line. Did your parents not do the same to you, and you did with your own children?  Even adulthood does not preclude your parents from correcting you if it's needed, and you will never cease to make unintentional mistakes (or intentional) and not feel the wrath of the Father.
 
 
God is like your parents. He loves you more than anything and He will correct you when you are wrong.  Sadly, in some cases, God loves you so much more than your parents should have done and didn't. But, God has always been there, and He always will be.
 
 
A wonderful thing that you can do for Jesus and God, the Father, is to sing their praises every day with your thoughts and your deeds. Let the light of their lives living within you shine for all to see. You will, I assure you, make a difference in someone's life every day you live in this world. I'd rather brag on my Savior and my God than my new bicycle!  Don't be afraid to let the light of your Christian ways show! You are a WINNER! Those who think you odd are losing terribly and it is sad. Perhaps you could turn them around with your winning smile and the light of the world emanating from within your heart.
 
Lovingly in Jesus Christ,
ABBEY

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS FOR ABBEY♥