Wednesday, October 21, 2015

DO NOT FEAR; I WILL HELP YOU

“For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you,
Do not fear; I will help you.”
Isaiah 41:13

~*~
 
I have spent the better part of this beautiful, God-given day sitting vigil with my best friend's sister who is expected to pass to heaven very soon.  My friend and her sister are also cousins to my husband, so "we're family".
 
Death of a loved one is probably the most difficult thing that a human can experience. Think of our Holy Mother at the foot of the cross where her precious son was so brutally crucified.  She BELIEVED and she drew her faith from God. After all, God was the father of her child and she had obeyed Him at every turn.  The room was full of her husband, her children, granddaughter, sister and me.  I will call her "Anne". 
 
Anne fell last week down her stairs and hit her head.  She is 69 years old and was diagnosed with Parkinson's a few years ago.  If not for the terrible headache that would not relent, Anne probably would not have been taken to the hospital.
 
The short of it is this: It was found that she has three cancerous tumors in her brain, one on her aorta, and some cancer "that could not be pinpointed" in her lung.  In just two days time, we have gone from being told of the infirmities, that with treatment she might live a year, to without treatment, she may live six months, to yesterday when the doctors said there was nothing they could do for her and placed her in hospice.
 
I am distant family by marriage, except for my friendship with Anne's sister.  She wanted me to be there with her and oddly or really not, I was told last night that I would be going to the hospital today and to stay however long I was needed. I do not know them well enough to make any suppositions about their faith, but I do feel they are God-fearing people; good, down to the bone people. And they feel confident that Anne will go to heaven, as do I.  At this time, what they need is something, SOMEONE to hang onto!
 
Jesus or Almighty God would be my choice. Neither was mentioned except by me.  My heart breaks for them because they are so lost and are already grieving heavily, and they do not know where to turn. I found myself praying several times, and I know it was noticed - they are not Catholic so my sign of the Cross stood out among this Pentecostal gathering.  I sang Amazing Grace twice, very softly. I was struggling, reaching, wanting to give them the trust and hope that their loved one was going to be fine. But that it was them who were going to suffer losing Anne and what they were going to need if found in the strength of our Loving Savior and God.

I don't know if you would call this anything "special", but I am seem to be led to these type situations here and there for a purpose. I gave comfort, love, touch, prayer, my very heart. I suppose I have a gift of sorts that I am able to be strength in these situations where strength is needed. So far, I have been fortunate that I have not lost a close loved one or been present when one passed on. And I am not looking forward to that.

But of one thing I am certain: Whether it is a death, a problem, a gift, something good, something bad, this lady is reaching out to the one who will always be there to help her. And you all know who it is! And He knows you, too.

Don't wait until you are sitting at the bedside of your loved one, or perhaps one dies suddenly. You absolutely MUST reach out and seize your salvation right this minute! I grow speechless in my effort to describe his loving presence always with me, in me, around me.  It is so strong that it is almost palpable.  Jesus is near. God is near. Reach out your hand and place it in His and learn how truly GOOD life is.



Lovingly in Jesus Christ,
ABBEY
 






No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS FOR ABBEY♥